Here's my ticker!

Sunday, May 4, 2008

Oh blogger, how I missed thee, let me count the ways...


Holy guacamole!!!

I had not been able to get in here for the past couple of days, and let me tell you, I was having SEVERE blogging withdrawal!!! I tried to update for you guys a couple of days ago, and to my surprise my account said it had been deactivated!

So I did what any normal google user would do.

I freaked

LOL

I went totally bonkers. Must have tried to log onto the account 5 different times following their WRONG instructions! Then I finally gave in and filled out the form they told me to. I got an email back about 10 mins later. And they said if I felt my account had been suspended in error, I should reply. So I did.

And I waited

And waited

And waited some more

Today, being fed up with waiting (and just DYING to post although I had nothing to post -about-) I filled out their form AGAIN. But instead of just adding the exact steps followed to get the error, I added "oh, and this is the second email I've sent. I've already replied to your previous response and got no answer".

So I got a prompt response... With the same form letter... But I replied to that again stating that this was the second time they were giving me the runaround... So I got another form email asking me to pick from a list for the reason why I was complaining... And surprisingly... None of the reasons fit my problem... So I replied again... And finally got a form letter that looked like it would help, so I followed directions...

On top of filling out the form in a webpage, I also replied to the email with additional information they could use to prove I actually AM who I claim I am and actually OWN the account... They replied back within minutes stating my access had been reinstated and that I could log back on... WOOHOO! :D

I couldn't believe how happy I was over this! I was actually getting really really sad over having possibly lost my gmail account, and especially my blog... I've had my account for YEARS (maybe 3 or 4) and had never had a problem before, so I was really surprised...

So, if you ever have this problem, the best advice I can give you is: Don't give up. Be nice and send out all the information they need. Be polite, realize that the person helping you is most definitely not the person that caused the problem to begin with. Be patient. I know how frustrating it is and how lost you feel, but throwing a fit will help you not.

YAY FOR GETTING MY ACCOUNT BACK! :D

No comments:

Powered By Blogger