Here's my ticker!

Friday, March 14, 2008

Update

Ok, so after having gone to the doctor 3 days in a row at the godawful hour of 6 AM!!! in the freaking morning just to secure an appointment for the day (social-security-run clinics don't make appointments, it's a first come-first serve -and we won't serve you if we run out of slots which is usually by 7 am- basis), I have had it narrowed down to 2 possibilities:

Ear somethingy
Cholesterol level.

Thankfully, diabetes, high BP and anemia have been discarded.

Now, these 3 days my general practitioner kept asking me about tinnitus, and I just kept saying I didn't have it, because I thought I didn't... But then, I -do- have this really low ringing in my ears ALL THE TIME, but I've ALWAYS had it, it didn't start now, and I can only listen to it when I'm in a quiet room, so now I don't know if it is in fact tinnitus or just something everyone experiences.

Help.

I have to go to consult again on tuesday, and I'd really appreciate it if someone let me know if this constant and relatively quiet ringing in my ears is normal or if it should be considered tinnitus, especially if I've had it for as long as I can remember.

Again, please send good thoughts my way.

No comments:

Powered By Blogger